Date: Thursday 14 and Friday 15 May 2015
Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm each day
Price: $465 (inc GST)
Tea, coffee and lunch: included
Venue: UnitingCare NSW/ACT, Rooms 5/6, Level 2, 222 Pitt St Sydney NSW 2000
Presenter: Emma Tomkinson
Register: https://socimpmeasurement.eventbrite.com.au with a credit card or contact us using the form below and we’ll send you a tax invoice.
This two-day professional development workshop is for people who want to build their skills in social impact measurement. Suitable for people who work in a range of areas and organisations, with a focus on human/welfare/social services. The workshop will be delivered by Emma Tomkinson, but may include guest speakers.
DAY ONE: MEASUREMENT AND STRATEGY
- What is social impact measurement?
- Theory of change
- Informed progress – performance management systems and analysts
- Informed progress in practice – organisational indicators and dashboards, data collection plan (from whom, how often, for whom for each indicator)
- Choosing the best bits methods and tools of measurement, including SROI
DAY TWO: CREATING MEANING FROM DATA
- Sources of data
- Using pivot tables in excel
- Hands on analysis of a qualitative and quantitative dataset*
- Communicating data and analysis – datapitch [including stakeholders, media, academics, twitter and hashtags]
- Designing reports and feedback loops for all stakeholders
- Picking, proposing and pricing payment metrics
*If you have a particular dataset you are grappling with and would like the workshop to tackle as a group, please email it through beforehand for consideration.
This workshop will be highly interactive – prepare to get your hands dirty with some manipulation and presentation of data. No prior knowledge or skills in measurement are required.
If fewer than 10 people sign up, the training will be cancelled and all payments refunded.
The workshop will not go into establishing counterfactuals, interpreting p values and effect sizes or running multiple regressions. Please let us know if you are interested in training that covers these topics and further workshops may be arranged.
If you need a tax invoice to pay please contact us and we will register you and send an invoice.